- An eCommerce website where users can make purchases
- A website that has a contact form
- A website that has an email newsletter sign-up form
- A website that uses Google pay-per-click advertising
- A website that has Google Analytics visitor tracking installed
- A website that has a Google Map on the contact page
- A website that has YouTube videos embedded
Additionally, websites that take actions or provide information that the website owner could be held responsible for in case something goes wrong, may also need a Disclaimer to help lessen that responsibility:
- A website that participates in affiliate programs
- A website that advertises third-party products or services
- A website that sells or displays health products
- A website that provides health or fitness advice
- A website that provides information that could be seen as legal advice
In summary, if you would like to avoid fines and lawsuits, limit your liability, maintain control of your website, protect your intellectual property, and provide legitimacy to your website visitors, it is important to have the proper documentation listed on your website.
In Canada, the PIPEDA or Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act provides a variety of privacy rights to Canadians pursuant to protecting their personal information. Like the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the PIPEDA emphasizes the need for organizations to effectively and clearly convey their personal information management practices to consumers. As such, Privacy Policies must be consistent with PIPEDA’s fair information principle for “openness,” allowing Canadians to be fully informed in making sound decisions regarding the collection and disclosure of their personal information.
Termageddon is a generator of policies for websites and applications. When the law changes, so do the policies, keeping your company protected and allowing you to focus on more important things.
Once you signup for your account, you will have access to data privacy experts, Hans and Donata, who will reach out to help you get your policies generated.
For more information about how you can accomplish this quickly and easily, click here.
Disclaimer: We receive a commission when you click the above link and make a purchase. This does not impact our reviews and comparisons and this is at no additional cost to you. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced in order to help you make the best choices for your website.